Two million preventable unsafe drinking water deaths occur every year. 90% are children.
Water is the catalyst that changes everything for the poor. Water enhances education, increases safety, spikes crop production, improves health, and provides the opportunity to share about the Living Water. The mission of Catalyst Pops is to fund the digging of deep-bore wells around the world. Each well provides safe drinking water to 1,000 souls each day for 20 years. All profits from Catalyst Pop orders are directly donated to World Help. Our goal is to save as many lives as possible by meeting a need we take for granted every single day.
- More than one billion people on the planet lack access to clean water
- Water-related diseases claim more lives than war, malaria, AIDS, and traffic accidents combined
- Lack of clean water and sanitation kills children at a rate of a plane crashing every 4 hours
- Americans use more water in a single toilet flush than the average person in Africa uses in an entire day
- Women and girls spend an average of 6 hours every day fetching dirty water
- Education - 443 million school hours would be redeemed yearly if children didn't have to walk miles to find water
- Safety - eliminating long treks to fetch water significantly decreases the risk of harassment and abuse for women and girls
- Nourishment - clean water for every farmer would increase crop production by 20-30% and hunger would end for 150 million people
- Health - improving access to water, sanitation resources, and hygienic education would prevent 1.5 million child deaths every year
- Hope - clean water meets the immediate physical need while giving the opportunity to share about the Living Water
* all water statistics provided by World Help